Annual Membership Dues
WHY JOIN GEDA?
Persons who meet the following criteria are eligible for membership in the Georgia Economic Developers Association:
- Any resident of Georgia who is employed by an organization involved in the economic development of Georgia, 50 percent of whose time is devoted to the responsibility of developing and handling of prospects for new or expanding industries and/or the implementation of improvements in their area of the State, or who provide a service directly supporting such activities, or who direct the efforts of others who are engaged in such activities.
- Any person who has an interest in the economic development of the State of Georgia or any subdivision thereof and who sincerely desires to further the purposes of the Association.
- Honorary Life Members are granted by the Board of Directors for long and exceptional or extraordinary service to the Georgia Economic Developers Association.
- Local Chamber
- Development Authority
- Chamber/Dev. Authority
- Local/Regional Government
- Professional Services
STUDENT MEMBERSHIP IN GEDA
- The Student Membership is designed for FULL-TIME college and graduate students. Part-time students are only eligible if NOT currently employed in economic development.
- Student membership is designed to be temporary. No one will be allowed to maintain student membership for longer than 4 years.
- Student membership dues in GEDA are $25 annually (regular membership dues are $300)
- Monthly meeting lunch fees are $5 (regular fee $30)
- Sponsor names are not needed for student member applications.
- When prompted for the dues payment, send us your check for the $25 student membership dues.
- Student participation in GEDA committees is encouraged
RETIRED MEMBERSHIP IN GEDA
Former regular members of GEDA may continue and renew their GEDA membership as “retired members”.
- Not be employed, compensated for active employment (including compensated consultation services or self-employment), or seeking employment, and
- These circumstances must be verified by written request submitted to the GEDA Board of Directors (email to the GEDA office is sufficient for this purpose.)
- Retired membership dues in GEDA are 50% of the regular dues amount (in 2009, the amount is $150 for retired member annual dues vs. $300 regular member annual dues)
- Registration fees for GEDA monthly meetings and conferences are the same amounts as for regular GEDA members.
- These terms for retired member status were approved by the GEDA Board of Directors in January, 2001.
- To join as a retired member, please use the on-line GEDA membership application form
- Please indicate on form that the application is for “retired member” status
- When prompted for the dues payment, please send your check by mail, or submit your credit card payment online.