Membership Services Committee
At a glance:
- Coordinates “New Member Orientation” and “First Timers” reception.
- Assists with member recruitment & retention contacts.
- Advises the Board & other committees on GEDA member needs.
New Members of GEDA are invited to attend one of this Committee's "New Member Orientation" programs and the "First Timers” reception at the Annual Conference and the Spring Workshop, respectively. These functions serve to welcome & inform new members about GEDA, to encourage member participation in Committees, and to understand how to get the most benefit from GEDA membership. This Committee also assists with member recruitment & retention contacts. For example, these efforts may focus on geographic or professional areas where stronger GEDA participation is desirable. The Membership Services committee also helps to advise the Board and other committees on how best to address GEDA member needs.
Member publications (not a committee): GEDA's staff assists with development of GEDA publications, such as the GEDA Gazette and the GEDA Membership Directory (both now changed to electronic formats). The staff works with all committees and the Board for further development of the GEDA web site www.geda.org, through which a number of web documents & publications are available to GEDA members.
For more information, contact Committee Chair Roger Harrison.
2013 Action Plan
- GEDA 101 and New Member luncheons at conferences. Emails new members before the event.
- Invigorate ambassador program (Create reporting structure)
- Regularly introduce new members
- Sponsor introductions (pre-phone call from sponsors)
- Tie to ambassador program
- Create a new member page (Roger working with GEDA staff)
- 2013 Membership Drive
- Create GEDA membership listening sessions. Host one pilot session in July.
- Georgia Power
- TCSG (VP of ED)
- Regional Project Managers
- Develop a GEDA Sales pitch
- Offer incentives
- Luncheon ticket to member luncheon
- Non-member plus
- Invite members to serve as table hosts
- Commitments from 2 statewide project managers
Click here to see related Documents (Members Only)